Kamden and Boston

Kamden and Boston

Monday, May 17, 2010

Welcome to our blog.  I finally caved and got one, well actually, Alison forced me to.  We just arrived yesterday in New Mexico, so this will be a good way to keep everyone in the loop while we are oh, so far away.  It has been quite an adventure so far!  I just got done deep cleaning our new hacienda. It is pretty nice :) ok, really nice!! It will be hard to leave, becuase it is guaranteed nicer than what we will move back into in Logan in the fall.

The condos are actually for retired people, so I am not really sure how we ended up here, but we are rolling with it. It is actually nice b/c there are no kids running around the pool...which is--no joke--20 steps from my back patio...yes, I have a patio :)
There is a lake that runs through the middle of the town, and then a lake a few miles out of town, so it is not completely desolate :)

We drove through Roswell...and the whole town...which is small, dirty, and kinda lame looking, is alien themed. Even the Wal-Mart had a HUGE picture of an alien painted on the front. Wierd. Besides Roswell, there was NOTHING to see in New Mexico...all 400 miles...besides one dead cow and one shrub off to the left . I will never believe the world is overpopulated again...b/c there is plenty of growing room in NM!!!!

 
Brady started his internship today, and is stuck watcing safety movies every day this week.  He said it is boring, but that he thinks it will be a fun internship after the safety training is over.  I start working from home Wednesday, and hopefully I won't go crazy sitting here all alone ever day.  Luckily Brady and I will be done with work around 4:00 pm each day, so that leaves plenty of time to explore our new home. 

3 comments:

  1. Woot! Post some pics of you new home! Loves. Also, eat some oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brit!! I read kats blog so I found yours!! I'm not a stalker I swear. And I want to come visit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how's the internship going? Still trying to figure out when to plan a trip to visit ya...

    ReplyDelete