Kamden and Boston

Kamden and Boston

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Underground 1200ft

This is underground at the west mine. It's pretty cool to watch. I used my phone and it's not the greatest footage but at least people can get an idea of what it's like under there. There are 10 levels of sediments deposit and this is level 5 or in other words the middle level. At the west we are mining levels 5th and 7th. At the east mine we are mining 5th and 10th levels.


This is the stacker that stockpiles the muck and feeds the outgoing muck belt to the hoist so that there is a continuous amount going to the surface to be processed. The west mine, where I work uses a saltwater brine mix and a flotation process to extract the potash.


This is the little piece of heaven where I did the data mining for major component failure.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! I didn't know you started a blog!! Awesome!! I have had good intentions of starting one, but have never got around to it!! Just wanted to say welcome home! We have missed you guys so much this summer! Call us....we're ready to play!!
    Luv, Kelli and Jodie!

    ReplyDelete